Mayor Michael Hancock Challenges You to Participate in the be well Moves Campaign!
The be well Moves Campaign is a fun
way to get you and your family moving. It is intended to help your family increase your level of physical activity while enjoying your everyday activities. The overall goal of this campaign is to
create a social healthy living movement across the City of Denver emphasizing
the adoption of healthy lifestyles to ultimately address health challenges that
lead to chronic disease and illnesses.
The be well Moves Campaign begins November 18, 2011 and will go through
November 30, 2012.
1. To improve your health
2. Build a Team (add Mayor Hancock)
2. Access special discounts and incentives to keep you moving
3.Create your be well Moves story
4. Learn how to eat healty and stay active!
Anyone is welcome to participate in the be well Moves Campaign! All
participants must sign up (through one of the outlets below) to participate and
receive a pedometer (while supplies last) from be well. Participants can sign up
anytime after Nov. 18, 2011.
Sign up for the be well Moves step challenge by:
1. Register on bewellconnect.org
2. Complete a registration form at any be well event or activity in the be well Zone.
3.Contact be well at 303.468.3232 to complete your registration by phone.
1. Challenge yourself to walk at least 2000 steps (1 mile) per day.
2. Wear your pedometer daily to track the number of steps you earn.
3. Increase your steps by 2000 every 4 weeks.
4.Register on bewellconnect.org to receive active living updates and tips.
This program uses the honor system. No daily step submissions are required. Please track your own steps to celebrate and share your progress!
Pedometers are available only while supplies last. Personal pedometers may also be used to participate in the challenge. Please indicate that you will be using your own pedometer upon registering.